Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Her Favorite Color

I was told instinctively

That they like flowers especially

In pink, red, blue, all hues, personally

I got her a few appropriately.

and though she accepted them, rather forcefully,

I walked away smiling joyfully.

Little did I know that thoughtfully,

Shed use the gift I got wholeheartedly,

To wish or wish not unceremoniously,

Whether I did not, or loved her fully.




We spoke later, I asked her instinctively

whether shed loved the gift, especially

the pink, the red, the blue Id picked personally.

She answered. Appropriately

didnt shut up but rather forcefully

gave me my answer. Not joyfully.

She didnt think Id picked them thoughtfully.

That broke me wholeheartedly.

Almost crashed, I asked for favorites, and unceremoniously

She answered Gold and Silver. My bad, my folly.

No comments: